You should consider having second dental health professional weigh in on your dental health concerns if:
- Your dentist has diagnosed a major problem, such as oral cancer.
- You have had dental work that is not fixing your problem.
- You are unsure if the recommended treatment is necessary, or you’re concerned about whether costs.
- You feel that your dentist is not qualified to treat your dental health problem.
- You don’t have good rapport with your current dentist.
Weighing Your Dental Treatment Options
Keep in mind the different perspectives of your care providers as you weigh your options. Your current dentist has the advantage of familiarity with your dental health history, while a new dentist may have the advantage of a fresh outlook.
The most important thing is to avoid making any major decisions about your dental health until you are comfortable with the care and information you have received.