Because traveling far from home to receive care can be complex and stressful, we have a special department for international patients.
Our dedicated team seamlessly combines your medical needs, individual preferences and cultural, linguistic and religious expectations into a tailored experience.
The International Patients Office is here to help prepare you for your visit. With so many details to keep in mind, traveling abroad for medical care can seem overwhelming. Below is a step-by-step guide to address what you will need to do before your visit.
International Patients Office provides complimentary services to you and your family before, during and after your stay.
Before your visit
- Assign you a personal Patient Service Coordinator who assists you with your appointment scheduling and concierge needs.
- Schedule medical appointments
- Arrange hotel or housing in Costa Rica
- Provide complimentary ground transportation from the airport
- Estimate cost of healthcare
- Assist with financial and billing arrangements
During your Visit
Upon arriving, you can expect the following services from the International Patients Office team:
- Introduce you to your Patient Services coordinator
- Confirm your financial arrangements.
- Connect your family with any religious or spiritual needs.
- Assist with scheduling of sightseeing or leisure activities.
- Answer any questions you may have.
After Your Visit
After your final appointment you can expect the following from the IPO team:
- Start the scheduling process for any necessary return visits.
- Arrange for a car to take you to the airport.
- Help you obtain copies of your medical reports/films.
- Assist you with prescription requests.
- Facilitate further communication with your physicians.